PT Bajaj Auto Indonesia (BAI) re-do a refresher on the Pulsar 180 DTS-i. From the side view, Pulsar 180 DTS-i this time experienced considerable change. The use of clip-on handle bars, or better known as the handlebar clamp, tubeless tires, split seats, and spoiler on the tank, a series of new features are pinned by the Bajaj Pulsar 180 on this.
The use of 178.60 cc engine that reportedly has undergone a number of reconfiguration, BAI mention of Pulsar 180 is more responsive than the previous generation of 0.5 ps. Bajaj claims, motor sport is capable of producing maximum power of 17.02 ps at 8500 rpm with torque of 14.22 Nm at 6500 rpm.
The use of a new seat design and handlebar clamp also makes driving Pulsar feels more comfortable. Moreover, noise and engine vibration is more subtle than the previous generation. With a series of changes, it is not impossible Pulsar 180 dual spark plug technology is able to re-prove the existence of motor sport class Bajaj Indonesia.
Technical Specifications Bajaj Pulsar DTS-i 180
- Type of engine: 4-stroke, 1 cylinder, Water cooled,
- The capacity of the machine: 178.6 cc
- Maximum power: 16.5 hp @ 8000 rpm (Claims manufacturer Bajaj)
- Maximum torque: 15.22 Nm @ 6000 rpm (Claims manufacturer Bajaj)
- Maximum speed: 125 km / h (Claims manufacturer Bajaj)
- Transmission: 5-Speed forward
- Front suspension: Telescopic
- Rear suspension: Nitrox shock absorbers
- Brakes Front: Disc 240 mm
- Brakes rear: Tromol
- Rims: Alloy 17-inch wheels
- Front tire: 2.75-R17
- Rear tire: 100/90-R17
- Wheelbase: 1330 mm
- Empty weight: 140 kg