Yamaha C3, 2011
A cool-looking, functional transport tool with nine gallons of storage and fuel injection.
Boxy is beautiful.
That cube shape gives the 2011 Yamaha C3 great storage capacity - about 9 gallons - and it's hard to beat a 49cc fuel injected four-stroke engine, big wide tires, motorcycle-style fork and that zippy engine means it's a hoot to ride too.
- Trendy "box" design scooter accentuates cubic space-hence the name C3-while it stresses function and simplicity.
- Completely modern running gear, including a fuel-injected engine, makes this one super-economical to operate. The C3 will take you a long, long way on a single 1.2-gallon tank of gas.
- High-function features include big tires on cast aluminum wheels, a motorcycle-type fork and handlebar.
- Side-hinged, locking storage compartment swallows up to 9 gallons of gear.
- The C3 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 115mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 1.2 gallons of gas.
- Liquid-cooled three-valve, four-stroke engine is powerful, quiet and low-maintenance.
- Electronic fuel injection: a 19mm Mikuni® throttle body provides optimal mixture in all conditions and easy cold starts.
- The C3 will take you a long, long way on a single 1.2-gallon tank of gas.
- Fully automatic V-belt transmission provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation.
- Pushbutton electric starting (with backup kickstarter) gives ultimate ease of operation.
- The air-induction system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
- Fat, 120/90-10 front and rear tires offer excellent traction and rugged looks.
- Large-diameter steel-tube frame provides strength, long life and great handling.
- Hydraulic motorcycle-type front fork with 2.3 inches of travel delivers a smooth ride.
- Motorcycle-type handlebar can be swapped out easily for a different bend or style.
- Unlike most scooters, the front apron turns along with the fork for style and function.
- Wide, comfortable seat is only 28.9 inches from the pavement.
- The 9-gallon locking underseat storage is perfect for hauling backpacks, groceries, or whatever.
- Retro/functional style is designed for individual customization.
- Cool instrument display provides a speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, high-beam indicator light and engine management indicator lights.
- Type 49cc liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single; 3-valves
- Bore x Stroke 38.0mm x 43.5mm
- Compression Ratio 12.0:1
- Fuel Delivery Electronic fuel injection
- Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission Constantly variable automatic
- Final Drive V-belt
- Suspension / Front Telescopic fork, 2.3-in travel
- Suspension / Rear Unit swing, 2.2-in travel
- Brakes / Front 110mm drum
- Brakes / Rear 110mm drum
- Tires / Front 120/90-10
- Tires / Rear 120/90-10
- Length 73.0 in
- Width 27.0 in
- Height 41.1 in
- Seat Height 28.9 in
- Wheelbase 50.4 in
- Ground Clearance 4.5 in
- Fuel Capacity 1.2 gal
- Fuel Economy** 115 mpg
- Dry Weight*** 198 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)